Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Fun

Hello friends! The kids and I are having a good Friday. We spent some time watching our newly installed cable, and then headed out for some yard sales! There were around 10 just in our neighborhood. It was nice to see more of the neighborhood, but I didn't get the chance to make any new connections with people. One lady had some cool cd's for sale: Mellisa Ethridge, Alanis Morrisette, Rusted Root...so I bought a couple. I asked if they had been hers and she said yes, and I told her that I liked that kind of music. That was it. I didn't really talk to anyone else. No new friends yet. :( We did find some good deals as we went bargain hunting. Lilly got a Littlest Pet Shop hamster with a wheel, a new shirt (3T for Fall), and a talking Barney (greeeat). David got accessories for the Aquadoodle and another mat. (That's really for both of them. 2 mats=less fighting.) I got 2 cd's. Total cost: $2.75. Pretty good, right?
It's overcast here today with random rain. Not too cold, though, so that's good. Kiddos are napping now while I do laundry, clean, mess around on the computer, watch "Days." I found a site that I'm pretty excited about. It's called momslikeme.com. Maybe the kids and I will find some friends there or maybe some referrals to churches, doctors, parks, etc. I was able to join a group for Lorain Co. Moms and Stay at Home moms.
I feel like the kids and I are adjusting pretty well to our new life. I absolutely love being with them full-time. I think they like it, too. They are playing together really well (most of the time). It is surprising to me how they have become such great play mates. I am glad that they have each other. I haven't had any trouble keeping up with household things yet, but I do have trouble keeping the kids in line from time to time. I guess I need to remind myself that I am working with pre-schoolers, not teenagers. I know that teenagers don't always reason well, but I can tell you that they reason much better than my little kiddos. I'm finding it's all about communication, though, and I'm trying to find the best ways to communicate.
David has been practicing baseball almost everyday. He is getting better and better. He has been able to hit the ball with the bat when it's thrown to him since he turned 2. If I might boast, I think that that is very impressive! Especially since Lilly can't even swing the bat. (We are teaching her to bunt. :) I am hoping to get David into summer T-ball, if the lady would call me back. He really wants to play.
Lilly is really really funny. She's a big eater and loves to say "I don't wanna go to bed, I wanna play!" She says it all day long. As soon as she wakes up in the morning and from nap, she asks for her Daddy. Sometimes she asks for Grandma's and Grandpa, too. Lilly likes to blow bubbles in the yard while David and Daddy play baseball.
We're hoping to have the pool opened soon. We're definitely looking forward to warm days in the water. :)

That's all for now. Keep in touch. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment